Friday, March 7, 2008

Where ya from in Jamaica mon? NEAR DA BEACH

Went blading to the beach today. I found out that there's a bike path to the beach, so I don't have to blade down the busy highway anymore. That's a relief. But still, whenever I do rollerblade on the street, I get honked at. You have 20 feet on either side of you, there's plenty of room for a lanky rollerblader. Why honk then swear at me in Hebrew? It's just rude.

The beach confused me today. We sat down, it was 80ish and sunny, and i saw bikinis everywhere. But for every girl that was potentially cute there was a clearly 14ish year old girl with her. We later figured out that we were on a notoriously high school-run beach, and I was so weirded out by my inadvertent pedophilic emotions that I had an ice cream and left the beach immediately. I will only look at girls that I am sure are over 18 for the rest of my life, I promise.

No comments: