Sunday, March 16, 2008

Frustration release....then the weekend

Before I tell stories about the weekend, I thought I would mention how angry I am right now. I left Jerusalem at 6ish this morning, knowing that when I came back to Herzliya there would be a bed, pillow, and sheets waiting for me. But as I walked into my room, I saw that there was already another man in my bed, and he didn't have thick eyebrows and moles on his face. No, some rando kid (i assume one of my roommate's brother's friends) is sleeping in my bed, using my blanket to mummify himself. I assume he is doing this in an effort to stay warm and turn me off from ever using it again. So now I am lying on our pleather couch listening to screaming preschoolers next door, tired, hung over, and feeling guilty because I just broke the toilet and now it won't flush. At least I used it before I broke it.

Onto what went down this weekend:

Thursday night Grace and I went into Jerusalem to introduce her to Jules and the gang. They seemed to like her, or they were just distracted by her chest and couldn't tell me otherwise. We threw a pre-party in Jules' apartment, which lasted way later than planned, to the point that it wasn't even worth going to bars after. The highlight of the night was DEFINITELY my wingman efforts for adir....again.

Grace and I are sitting on the couch watching Adir flirt with a girl. I thought it was necessary to speed up his game, so i said "hey Adir, truth or dare. actually, you have no choice, dare. I dare you to kiss courtney on the lips." They looked at each other, and decided that it was best to not chicken out (that would be embarrassing, we're over 20, we can play a game of truth or dare like real adults) so they kissed. Cute! Then I said "say it to us" and so he said "truth or dare" and I said "dare, I dare myself to make out with grace." So we made out. OBVS Adir couldn't let me show him up, so we dared him to match us. They did. Then, without us daring them to, they left the apartment. I am like that matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof, but I don't have songs about me, I just get high fives and mad props.

The bagel breakfast the next day was average, but the ruggaleh from the shuk were unbelievable. We devoured the two boxes within the day.

We did Shabbat dinner at Adir's. Good crew, good times, but most of the fun revolved around Butters. I guess he was high, because I have never seen someone so quiet and happy for such a long period of time. He didn't say a word until after the meal, but was laughing non stop at everything that happened. It was a great confidence boost for me, feelin like my humor was being appreciated. But then he laughed at Grace's jokes, so we know that something was wrong (ooh!). On his way to the bathroom, he knocked over the entire food table and wine and drinks and everything. It would have been more amusing had he not refused to clean it up.

Once Grace left, we started watching high quality movies: Annie, Mary Poppins, and The Day after Tomorrow. Good Stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jar--
I know the soon to be hostest of TRL!
Bob