Saturday, March 29, 2008

Def worth blogging about

I find that every time I have an absurd weekend, it is outdone by the weekend after it. I can't see the past two nights being outdone. So here goes.

Thursday was supposed to be a nice day of hiking in the North, followed by a nice night of camping on the beach of the Kinneret. I was supposed to meet Team Canada and some others at around 10:00am in Tiberias, about 2.5 hours away from me. That means I would have to be awake at 7ish, take a bus alone then meet them there right away. Yay! Simple Plan (not the band, the situation), right?

I got to Tiberias at 10:30 to find out that the rest of the crew hadn't even left Jerusalem. So I was stranded at the bus station for about 2 hours, alone with a copy of Don Quixote. I started reading it, and I felt like it was only proper to read it while listening to the theme song to "Gladiator" on repeat. This got lame after about 5 minutes, so I hit on the Israeli Soldier next to me instead (who happens to know the Hirsch family, both Danish, small world).
Eventually, some people showed up, and we rented a car to drive to the campsite. I got to drive it back to pick up the rest of the crew at the bus station. Yah, I drove in Israel. I even acted like an Israeli driver and honked at everything I saw, including a seagull that was bothering me.

Its 3:30 pm by now, so we decided to go straight to the hike. It was closed! But would we settle? NO WAY JOSE.
So I walked through the closed gate to find someone who worked there, and I proceeded to make up a story about Matan losing his wallet on the hike, and he would not survive a day without his drivers license and credit card. I am an awesome actor, cuz they let us all in. We started the hike pretending to be looking for the wallet we hadn't lost, and after about 20 minutes of nothing but cows and fields, we turned around. This is where it got AWESOME.

We ran into a crying Arab woman with her equally sad mother. She borrowed my cell phone, and upon hanging up told us she was lost. Then she started hitting on Ollie. She asked him for his name 4 times and wouldn't stop asking for his e-mail address. He said that he didn't own a computer, but wanted to know her e-mail. She spelled out:

V-I-R-G-I-N-G-I-R-L-20@gmail.com

We made her repeat this several times, took some pictures with her, and left. Was the adventure over? F no. She started chasing after our car. We stopped, and she said, panting, "this is for you" and handed Ollie a brand new Germany World Cup soccer hat that she bought for him. He looks like a champ in it. Look at it!


I will blog about the rest of the weekend later, k! Don't hate on me, I need to go out for girl roommate's birthday.






Side Note: Is it ok to drink Vodka and Emergen-C? Do they compliment each other or counter act each other? I figure I will boost my immune system with the C, and boost my confidence with the alcohol. Sounds good.

No comments: