Thursday, March 6, 2008

A-rabs with J-red

The other night Liat brought over a bunch of her friends. So, it was 5 Jews (two of which had been in the Israeli army) and 5 arabs. It would've been perfect numbers for a basketball game, but they would've been bigger and stronger so I didn't challenge them.

It was a little intimidating at first, one had a red scarf straight out of "24." But eventually, it was very eye opening. They were great guys, I'd have them back at my apartment in a second. But it's scary that if it came down to war, neither side would flinch in killing each other. Oy, Israel's messed up.
On a lighter note, on of the arab guys was a rapper and told me to listen to his myspace page. I'm sure it was sweet, but I couldn't understand a thing he said. Then again, I couldn't understand Soulja Boy for a long time, so I have to give this guy some cred for having a catchy beat.

Played basketball last night. It's sort of tough to play with Israelis when you have to call out picks in hebrew. So when someone says "Yamina" I have to translate and think "Oh shit, pick right" and by that time it looks like he's schooled me. Yah, that's what I'll do the rest of the semester, blame my poor basketball play on Israel and Hebrew.

Tonight is Tali's brother Ari's wedding. That should be fun, Hava and I will probably drink until we think it's Tali's wedding, and we'll start congratulating her and avoid the real bride and groom. Stories will come soon.

No comments: