Thursday, April 10, 2008

Italy post numero uno

Yay for being back from Italy! It was a pretty awesome week, and I plan on blogging in installments so I don't have to ignore my parents who are visiting Israel for too long at a time.

SO HERES HOW IT WENT DOWN TO START:

Flew to Verona, met a cool Israeli family before the flight that "adopted me" as one of their own. They didnt speak English to me, and they were constantly amused by my bad grammar. I bet their English grammar would've sucked, but I'm too nice to mock them like they mocked me.

Landed in Verona, saw the town. It's not half bad, but don't forget, I was alone. So I would look at big churches, nod my head and ask myself "isnt that beautiful?" and then respond to myself with either "yah, sweet architecture" or "meh, I've seen nicer." This is how the whole trip went whenever I traveled alone (ie a lot).

Spent the night in Verona in a hostel, in a room with about 11 European guys. They all seemed nice, but in the mornin, from my bottom bunk, I saw wayyy more than I wanted. I couldnt see faces because of my position on the bunk bed, but I could see tiny underwear that barely covered testes.

Took a train with some American girls to Venice, watched Finding Forrester the whole way there. Great flick, great acting. There were 5 minutes left when we arrived, so the girls and I sat in the train station watching it until that final scene where they play "somewhere over the rainbow." Could've been exploring Venice, chose Sean Connery. No regrets.

Once in Venice, I met up with Shara and Horan (WashU), and we did a sweet art history tour of the city. It's a pretty place, tons of pigeons. All of Italy is filled with pigeons. It seemed like the national animal, pretty lame choice for the country.

Trained back to Florence, where we met up with Bergson, Briskman, Joelle R., Nikki C, and Phil. It was a great night, went bar hopping then clubbing. Phil might be the best person to go out with in the entire world. If you're reading this Phil, I mean it. You are amazing to go out with.

I will finish my posting later, Jules is coming to the hotel to say hi to mom and dad. YAY FOR ITALY STORIES

No comments: