Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to Blogging

Sorry for the 5 days without blogging. My hard drive failed, so now I don't have a computer. Imagine, me without a computer. Today I had my first class of the semester without facebook and ESPN. Brutal. I lost every picture from my childhood, every script I've ever written, and worst of all, my copy of "Snood." Damn.

I should probably blog starting from the weekend. On thursday I went into Jerusalem around midday to pick up Shaun's mom and take her around Jerusalem. Leah and I accompanied her back to the apartment, where we were let down--no touring Jerusalem, she wanted to sleep. LAME, SHAUNS MOM. That night was Shaun and Jules' tekes, their induction into the army for real where they get their guns and division tags. It was pretty sweet, and the coolest part about it was seeing how many people (about 25 kids our ageish) showed up just for them. Sweet. I was on my Jewish geography game with a bunch of heb u girls who afterword told me I had a "fan club," a situation which I never thought I would have until I was either a Degrassi character or on the news for saving a child's life in a burning fire. Well, either way, good confidence boost, considering all the attention was being given to Jules and Shaun for "fighting for the country." Geez.

That night was "mamash sababa." Yah, thats the best way to describe it, no stories necessary.

Adir and I drove to Tel Aviv the next day, and I spent shabbat and the weekend with Jared C., chillin on the beach and goin out and such. Yesterday surprise bday party for anat, played ball, then went to Tel to watch the Maccabi TA game with Adir and Ollie. Maccabi lost, buzz kill.

Busy week ahead, with Independence day and birthright and such. Blogging is sort of lame when youre just telling stories, so I just want to vent about stuff.

I don't think I'm getting better at basketball. I play prob 3 or 4 times a week. That's a lot. And we play pretty hard, with a solid crew of guys coming out every time. But I still miss all kinds of shots. And at least when I was fat I could blame it on the fat. Now I have no one to blame it on but my dad for not giving me more naturally athletic genes, instead of "work ethic" genes. Oh btw, SCREW anats brother yehuda. He seemed nice until we were at a bar and he said "Jared, you play basketball? You don't look athletic at all." You suck little kid. Thats why I've decided to start pumping iron just on my biceps so people get a better first impression. Girls won't see my abs till I'm already topless with them, and I figure theyre already with me, so it's not a big deal. Bicep time is now. K good stuff, yalla bye.

No comments: