Monday, February 25, 2008

What I will do if I go bald?

I am sitting in class, looking at my sad balding teacher. He isn't young, so I can't make fun of him for losing his hair. But still, there's something about how he is doing the hair that he has left that bothers me. First of all, his bald spot is so damn shiny. If I left my seat in class and walked up to him, I could probably see my reflection in his scalp- its that bad. No one is really paying attention to him, I feel bad, but the topic is lame and he's probably as bored as we are.

Sorry for not posting in a while, I've been in Jerusalem since last thursday with Jules and the boys getting ready for...today, the day that Jules and Shaun join the army. I'm scared shitless for him, but I have faith that he'll be ok. If any terrorists try to get up in his grill, they'll have to get past me first. And I'm joining a gym, so I'll be ripped and intimidating.

Jerusalem is the center for Jewish geography for the entire world. Jules and I would stand on Ben Yehuda street pretending to be busy, but in fact we were looking around for people we knew---and it worked. We saw Shapir (our middle school math teacher with a monotone voice), tons of white pine kids, some washu kids, it was nuts. And whenever I meet an american or canadian, theres the typical jewish geography convo. I think i'm just going to carry around my computer so when I meet someone, I can go straight to facebook, check mutual friends, then say "no shit I know______ from camp/highschool/college/got-with-her-in-a-club/carries-my-baby."

We were supposed to get a third roommate from Sweden, but when he came to visit, things went sour. He said "i like it, i want to move here." Then we talked about drinking, and he said he'll "have a beer every once in a while but NEVER gets drunk." I said that I do and he was shocked. It was like he had never met anyone who drank, like I was some rebel from the streets of Brooklyn.

Side note, this class has gotten ridiculous, its loud and rowdy. At least baldy hasn't given up yet, his strength and desire to teach inspires me in this difficult environment.



Good night america, good morning Israel. Tell your friends about my blog, maybe i can pull an elliot darvick and get famous for it. But don't tell everyone: Mom and Dad know the blog exists but don't know the website. If I have to start censoring my work, I will be destroyed. If mom and dad are already reading this: "Hi! I miss you and love you! Hugs and kisses from Israel"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forseberg to return to AVS! I'm so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -wallis

Anonymous said...

I'm touched
(your Great-grandpa)