Friday, November 13, 2009

How did I get home last night?

I don't know how I got home. I think I walked. But that would have been a 30 minute walk in the cold. But I don't remember taking a cab. hmm. Let's recap.

Last night was Night#2 in my three night stretch of open bars every night. I showed up at the NYU Monopoly event with no expectations, and found a stocked open bar and a prime rib dinner. Supposedly tickets cost $250, but StreetEasy sponsored the event so it was free for myself and my date, Alex Bergson. It was a blast, except when an intern at The Real Deal, a sophomore in college, made me do a tequila shot. That was straight up unnecessary.

We ended up following the Real Deal crew to another party at 230 5th, the rooftop bar famous for letting me in by pretending to be Gene Wilder's grandson. Well we didn't have tickets to the party, but somehow we got in. The intern didn't. I don't think we were upset.

The roof was obviously cold, so the venue gave out red robes to keep people warm. I wanted a red robe. I think I tried to steal one and didn't get away with it. What a letdown.

At some point after this I got home. I'm amazed at how blogging about the event helped me piece together the night. Bergson just texted me so I know he's ok. Open bars will be the end of me, and with Linus tonight in the STL and Seans Bday Saturday at Guo Bin, I hope I make it to work on Monday....but it's not lookin good

No comments: