Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the beach and the new roommate

Today I rollerbladed to the beach. It was a pretty day, a bit overcast but I was still comfortable in shorts and a tee walkin through the sand. It was windy, so the waves were good and the surfers were out, impressing every girl on the beach and making me look like a lame-o. I picked up a book to read, Jules' copy of "Don Quixote." Yes, so far I sound like that kid from Orange County who reads books on the beach. The truth is, I picked up the book, opened it, then realized it was around 900 pages. I thought to myself: well Jared, do you have the will to read this book? Can you actually focus and read all these pages? HOW STRONG ARE YOU???
So, I gave up and put the book away, never to be touched again. If I really go nuts here, I'll pick it up again and maybe get through 1/7th of it.

We met the new roommate today, a L.A./NY/Israel native named Liat. Yah, I'm living with a girl. I figured that living with a girl would either be a dream or a nightmare, btu so far we're still in dream status. She's a really cool girl, for the following reasons:
a. she plays basketball
b. she made cleavage jokes
c. she parties and has friends (which is more than I can say for the other potential roommate that we scared away)
d. She has a dryer (we only have a laundry), a water heater thing, a toaster, a tv (potentially big screen), and a great personality (I promise I don't just like her for her possesions)

This is all gonna work out after all. Goin to my cooking workshop now, then to Tel Aviv to meet Mara, Sheddy, Ldubs and the hebrew u crew. Should be fun. Will update soon with embarrassing stories and (potentially) pictures.

No comments: