Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Summer

Ok, so now that I've told my stories from Israel, I think it's time to document the rest of the summer and the crazy things I did.

Concerts:
-Eric Clapton/ Steve Winwood
-Oar/ Brett Dennen
-Ben Lee
-Jonas Brothers/Jordin Sparx

Let me explain that last concert for all the haters. I went with my neice (Alexa), sister, and Dad. Alexa's presence made it OK for me to be there, right?


I mean, look at her. She's so happy to see Jonas Brothers. That's why I went, obviously. But drama insued at 9:45 PM. My sister wanted to take Alexa home because she had camp the next morning, and she happens to be 5 years old. Alexa didn't want to leave...and neither did Jared. They hadn't sang Burnin Up! or S.O.S.! Or Lovebug! FUUUCK How could I miss my three favorite fucking Jonas Brothers songs??? (I feel awkward using "Fuck" and "Jonas Brothers" in juxtaposition. They're too pure for such profanity). What would I do? Let Alexa leave and watch Kevin Nick and Joe alone? Or leave and act like I went to spend time with her in the first place?



I left. I am not upset, I just feel bad for Alexa that she missed out on such a great show. Look at the picture above, it's wayyyy different than the one before it. Can't you see how upset she looks? Dang.

Activities I engaged in:
-Saw 8 Rockies games, 7 of them wins
-hiked 4 mountains around Vail
-did "the steps" at Red Rocks
-Rafted the Arkansas River
-Rollerbladed a half marathon two different times (btw I'm surprised how people have gotten over the gay rollerblading jokes and have started accepting it as a legit sport. Fine, maybe not a legit sport, but at least an almost acceptable form of exercise. AND it happens to be better for your knees than running, so I'm not embarrassed)
-Golfed 9 different courses in 4 cities and 2 countries
-Toured the Coors brewery twice
-Snowboarded the Sand Dunes
-Took Yoga
-Spent time in Chicago and Toronto
-Went to 5 different farmer's markets

All in all, an amazing summer. And now, two pictures that make me happy:







Yay.

No comments: