Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Carnies are the worst

I've never really had any reason to hate Carnies over the course of my life. Whenever I go to a carnival, my mindset has always been "if I don't win a prize today it's my own fault due to a lack of coordination or bad luck, it has nothing to do with these creepy frail men with thin mustaches and tattoos." I admit, this has led to many sad nights, but I always figured I should be a realist and not just a blame-queen.

That all ended on Saturday.

I went to the street fair in Hells Kitchen, and saw the basketball game. Here are two pictures of it--one of them includes a carny!



It all looks nice and innocent right? WRONG. It looked like a simple 12 footer, but no one could make it. I got suspicious and took a pic from the side view.


Those mofos bent the rim! Rather than a circular rim, everyone was shooting at an ovular rim with a depth of a foot or less. A basketball's diameter is only about 9.5 inches, and a regular rim has a diameter of about 18 inches, meaning it was borderline impossible to make this shot. 

Yah, I guess I could've expected this out of carnies. But when I think about how many kids step up to that net with high hopes just to get their dreams crushed and days ruined, I feel crushed inside. At the next carnival I attend I plan on exposing this ruse with a megaphone and a stage. I'll be a hero.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Yeah you should definitely expose it. No only you but no one would be able to shoot in that bent rim. Better luck next time!